Friday, September 5, 2008

Small hand-carved pirarucu fish from the Colombian Amazon

I'v just put this very cool pirarucu fish online - it's carved of palo de sangre wood in the region of Leticia, Colombia - in the Amazon. This carved wood fish is easier on the pocketbook than some of our larger items. I still have two more pirarucu to put on the site. They'll be bigger and will come with pricier tags. Each fish is unique. This one has an especially nice face, I think.

If you want to see what an interesting fish they really are, check out the two stuffed real pirarucus that were in the lobby of our hotel in Manaus (Brazil). The big one is probably 3 to 3 1/2 feet long - I don't actually remember the size. I know they seemed large. You can read more about the fish themselves via the link to the carved fish above.

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails