Thursday, August 21, 2008
I've just put five new butterfly pin designs up in our new online gift shop. Here are two of them - aren't they gorgeous? Here's a link to the insect jewelry, which includes the butterflies. Have fun exploring!
As if in celebration, we got our first order today from the new site. As many orders as we get from our original site (still going strong), its exciting to see the new one working :) It's much faster to upload items on the new site, so all of our painted jewelry should be up in a short time, although there may literally be a few hundred more designs to scan and upload. And the site is good for items where we don't have many of a particular item (since it's less labor-intensive). We've started a couple of new sections for art and craft objects made in Colombia and other Latin American countries (to help with tapir conservation and because we love the art!), and our plan is to grow that area of the site in the next few months as well. Come on over and take a look!
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Megatherium (giant ground sloth), deinosuchus (extinct alligator) and dunkelosteus (extinct aquatic eating machine) remain some of our more popular rubber or plastic animals. All of the above are made by Safari and manifest extremely realistic shapes, details and painting. These are quality educational toys, and are also great collector's items for animal lovers or students of our earth's long-distant past. See our online animal toy store for sizes, prices, and more extinct toy animals!
Monday, August 11, 2008
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Thanks for offering and shipping the wonderful new stuffed tapir. My son used his birthday money (which arrived right at the time you began taking pre-orders) to buy it and he is entirely satisfied -- thrilled would be more accurate. Even though he is 15, he has been taking it around the house with him and letting it perch on his shoulder; he really likes the wired legs which make the tapir posable. Here he is "modeling" Yanisa, while wearing the tapir shirt he got LAST year for his birthday. August loves doing his part to make tapirs more visible!
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Friday, August 1, 2008
10. We have beautiful wolf jewelry.
9. And we have mouse jewelry and plastic mice.
8. Piranha jewelry. We also have lifelike plastic piranhas, but please call us toll free (888) 325-3179, because they aren't back online yet. Our new ones just came in!
7. Our grizzly bears tend to be cute rather than fearsome.
6. We have lots of great white sharks - plastic, jewelry, drinking cups for kids. . . .
5. Our bat pin is quite realistic. Click on the "englarge" option.
4. SPIDERS? We have lots of them! We even have spider jewelry, but it's not online yet, so give us a call!
3. Bees! We have them!
2. Second most feared? Snakes, of course. We have lots of those, too. We have many nice (or creepy, depending on your point of view) toy snakes to choose from!
1. And the finalist is. . . . ? The number one most feared animal is something we don't actually have: the parsitic worm. I won't even go there, but we have some nice, friendly earthworms. And we have stuffed toy maggots - now they ARE creepy. Again, you'll have to call or send e-mail as of this post date, because they aren't online yet.